Thursday, April 3, 2008

the young and obama

There is a good reason that people under 18 cant fucking vote. People that young dont know shit about shit, but they think that they've got it all figured out.

Today's college students, often, are no fucking different from the under 18 crowd of 1971, when the XXVIth Amendment was enacted. They dont know shit about shit, but they think they've got it all figured out.

Obama has a solid constituency with that crowd. While I appreciate Obama, and while I am strongly considering hitting him up in November, I cant resist noting that his supporters are a huge fucking turn-off.

Also, if you are reading this you should know that the day I line up with the know-it-all idealists you will know that something is unalterably wrong, either with me, the know-it-all idealists, or the candidate.

Juan McCain wont get my vote even if Iran sinks one of our ships in the Gulf. Clinton, I dont think, can get the nomination without making Watts look like a fucking stroll through Magnolia Gardens........and I find the lack of political skill in the minor parties detestable. That leaves......me lined up with the know-it-all idealists.

I'm fine, so what's unalterably wrong?

No comments: